Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation

Joseph's graduation was today.  I will admit that I teared up!  They were so cute!!  The music teacher had prepared 3 songs (with actions) that they performed.  Preston did most of the camera work on his Droid, so I will need to get that from him sometime.  My camera work wasn't the best because I was a little preoccupied chasing the 15 month old that should have been napping- around!  (seriously she's crazy! ) :)
  Here are a couple pics I was able to get:


 Yep, that's my kid picking his nose....

 in line to get his diploma

They had a little reception/ party in the classroom afterwards.  The best was when they went outside and had a pinata!  His teacher prepared a slide show with pictures she took throughout the year.  It was sweet when she teared up after when she was thanking us for letting her teach our children.  Ahhh.  So he has one day left on Friday (that is 2 hours long...) where he gets to go and get his yearbook signed.  I will take that 2 hours, because I need that time to pack!  I will pick him up and head straight out of town.
That is... after I drop this guy off at the hospital.  He decided to rupture his ACL, and now can't be left alone.  It works out great, because he has 12 weeks of rehab ahead of him and the first 2 weeks is the worst- so woohoo the vet will handle this!
I'm a *little* sad at what it cost us because I was going to finally get rid of the nasty carpet in the master bath, but looks like that will have to wait.  I've gotten some comments along the lines that we should have just put him down.  This makes me a little angry.  If you've ever loved your animal- would you seriously kill it because it hurt its knee, and was perfectly healthy otherwise?  Maybe you would, but not me.  As much as he annoys us, we love the little turd beast.
 Maybe I'm evil, but I was really hoping he would get a cast.  I wanted to see him try to walk with one. :)  But I will take the shaved leg, leaving the furry foot that looks like a giant sock.

1 comment:

  1. My dog tore his cruciate ligament in his back leg last year and we did surgery to fix it. There is no way I wouldn't do it. Sorry to hear about your kitty. The first two weeks are a big pain.

    ReplyDelete