So seeing that I just started and there were some notable activities this week, I thought I would review what's been going on here.
So last Friday I decided to take a few moments to pamper myself... while it's not as fun when you have to do it yourself, it is still nice. After I did my nails and toe nails I decided to do a face mask. I remembered that there were some fresh slices of cucumber in the fridge, so I laid on the floor behind the couch ( I know, best place to relax) while the kids watched a cartoon. Thurston came around and saw me and started giggling and said that I was being silly. Being the smart cookie he was, he went down stairs and located the cucumber slices and proceeded to hand some to Joseph as well. These are my boys:
While they enjoyed that, it didn't take long for them to discover that they were edible and quite tasty too!
Later that night we celebrated our friend Wendy's birthday with a Korean BBQ night. Her cake is special because she loves Hello Kitty and her cat recently "disappeared"... so we made her a "good-bye Kitty" cake. It was presented in a frying pan. It was hilarious.OK, so for the last bit, I will tell of the things accomplished and learned this week.
1) Thurston deserved honorable mention, he has officially been potty trained (day time
anyway). He now goes pee and poo on his own and can even venture to the store and
Library... and church! Hooray for Thurston!
2) Mommy kept downstairs AND the kitchen/ dishes clean all week. This may sound normal, but you have no idea how much I loath cleaning the kitchen.
3) Daddy managed to dodge another lay-off bullet! Here's till the next one! We are very
grateful for his job and hopes he keeps it!
4) Joseph drew his cutest picture yet... It is of a Dinosaur. I recommend giving your child
a blank piece of paper here and then to help develop their artistic creativity. Love what
he does, he's so funny. This is a picture of his T-Rex he drew in "school" free color time:
OK, last one and I am done.. remember I am catching up.
So here are some important things I learned this week.
1) You should not store spray acrylic varnish and spray adhesive in the same place, they look alike
2) If you finish putting a coat of spray varnish on your newly finished painting and realize that you just sprayed it with spray adhesive, don't panic and DO NOT try to scrape or wash it off. Let it dry and then spray varnish over it. The adhesive dries clear and leaves an interesting texture.
3) If you are a big enough idiot to do the above, pretend you did it on purpose.
So, I finished a painting this week. I love it and it is for my stairs. I did a new technique where you spray adhesive on for a cool textured look before you varnish it. Here it is. Enjoy, and until next time... arrivederci!