Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fun with Oil Pastels

For a very very long time, I have had some oil pastels lying around, and they always seem to accompany any art set I purchase.  So the other day, I pulled them out when I did a Dinosaur VS and fell in love.  I don't know why it took me so long to play with them, they are pretty much crayons for adults.
   So when my sister Julie approached me and asked if I would do some character sketchings for her book, I... (ok, after several failed attempts at other mediums) I decided to try the pastels.  I have to say that I really liked them.  I think Julie does as well (hopefully!)
  The only downside is they cannot be fixed or sealed.  I haven't tried a spray varnish, but I really don't think it would work out too well.
   Here are my 3 top favorites:      If you know Pam Sjostrom, you will appreciate this:

 Danny Devito and Kevin, from the office was this inspiration:
 This one is my favorite.  If you've watched the Cannon Ball Run movies, then you might recognize who his is patterned after.
  

2 comments: