Sunday, May 8, 2011

Paintings for a Mother's Day Bieber Party...? Anyone?

First, I must say that I was spoiled greatly this Mother's Day! Preston surprised me on Friday when he came home from work with all this!  He was holding the roses, JoJo was holding the daisy bouquet, Thurston the white roses, and Aleah had the bag of chocolates (and was running away with them). :)  Thank you Albertson's for providing decent priced and beautiful flowers!  And esp thank you Dear amazing Hubby for getting them for me! :)
For actual Mother's Day, I was allowed to sleep until 10am!!!!  I KNOW!!! :D
Then I got bored and started reading while they were getting things ready.  They all came in at 10:30 bearing homemade gifts and cards and cinnamon toast and juice/ milk.  First the giant card, then I opened Thurston's gift.  The wrapping paper was construction paper with cats walking on a rainbow trying to get to the pot of gold.  He made me a butterfly out of a painted doily and a clothes pin. :)
JoJo had written Te Quiero Mama!  and his was the cutest picture of him they took at school.  He was wearing a hat and a large dress coat and the pic was in black and white.  He constructed the frame out of large Popsicle sticks painted to look like caterpillars.
I remember my Mom has a part of her wall in her bedroom that has all the crafts we made as kids for Mother's Day.  To this day, they are still there.  I feel so special to have items to display of my own now.  I will admit that I teared up looking at them today.  I should have taken a picture of all of them.  I prob will later! 
We then got ready and Preston took us to a special Mother's Day brunch at the Ono Hawaiian Cafe.  It was sooo yummy!!  The coconut french toast, the special made to order omelet, the braised beef, Kahlua Pig, coconut fruit bowls, eclairs, mini cheese cakes, salmon... seriously I haven't had to eat for the rest of the day!!  I am so blessed with the best children in my life!  Each one is so crazy special to me (esp the crazy part).  It's so easy for people to see why it would be hard to raise children, but its not so easy to put into words just how amazing it is to be a Mom.  It's worth all the crap and crazy times and fits, because at the end of the day when you are snuggled reading a bedtime story and they snuggle back and say " I love you Mommy!" it all was worth it!
Now for the Bieber. 
So if you were walking along in the clearance section of Walmart, and you saw that there were Justin Bieber party supplies on sale for 25 cents, could you- would you pass up that deal?  Yeah, me neither!
We celebrated my belated birthday yesterday: 
 The awesome cake Kim and Bill made for me:
 Loot bags!  Left over Easter candy, play dough and demotivational candy grahams*. (this is what I used to leave on peoples desk/ computers at work for fun.  Instead of the 'lifesaver' candy grahams, mine were with Riesens... IE You are the Riesen Darwin could be right/ babies cry/ we check under the bed at night  etc...) They're great fun if you have a group that welcomes insults. :)
 Pulled out the wig.  We were going to play pin the hair on the Bieber, but ended up not.  But Preston looks fabulous.  BTW, if anyone wants a Justin Bieber poster, let me know. ;)
 The cake.  Don't know what's going on with the elf ears though!
 Nothing wrong with a room full of nerds.  I love all the faces here...
 You are what you eat, and I love me a lot of cheese...
 We finished the night by dancing our hearts out (a couple of us anyway) to Dance Central on the Kinect. 

   So now for the painting.  I painting this for my friend Tricia.  Travis was a little sad that I painted over the existing painting, but I think he liked the result.  I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a little obsessed with Orchids.  They're my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment