Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anything I can do, you can do better....

We've all seen those mommy blogs where they show you their awesome, perfectly made craft.  Yeah, this is my version.
  I have been sewing a lot lately, and even though these pictures will say otherwise- I HAVE improved.
So I like to bite off more than I can chew sometimes and go into things without thinking.  We are taking our trip this Friday and I thought it would be fun to make neck pillows for the kiddos.  They chose animal ones.....
So here is Joseph's, it's a dragon-lizard-dinosaur thing.  It turned out OK:


 So here is Thurston's,  It's not that bad really, the shape is good, the colors are great and the face is cute...
 until you look closer and wonder if it had a stroke???
 This angle is cute?  I think I messed up on the angling?  But he's still cute right?
 Here's Aleah's.  Yeah, I don't know either.  Somehow it didn't quite make it into the horseshoe shape.
       But look how cute the face is!?
 Too bad I sewed it upside down.  Those things?  Yeah they are supposed to be the feet that it is resting its precious head on.
 Well, it's not that bad, right? 

In the end, they all love them, and they are comfortable and 'personalized'.   Maybe I should stick to making cakes....

2 comments: