Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Weeks!!!

What happens in 2 weeks?  Just about, not everything, but a lot of stuff. ...
    It is Joseph's last day of school (Thurston gets out a week earlier), and we are picking him up from school and heading out of town for the next 17 days (or so).
   The first few days we will be in SLC checking out the Clarke Planetarium, and then I finally get to make good on my Birthday gift- Les Miserables!!  I had a dream the other night that it ended up being a High School production and they weren't even in costume.  I was so angry that I paid that much for tickets and it was a bunch of kids trying to do my favorite musical.  Fun times.
   Preston will be flying home as I play single Mom for the week (while he may or may not have a week long guys night with his friends...).  BUT I do get to spend a couple days with my Mom AND Katelyn is graduating.  I'm freaking out, so I can't imagine what Julie is doing.  They are going to take off to Moab and will be hiking for a couple days.  I will be heading back to the Avenues to play in a pool. ( I don't do camping/ hikes anymore...) :)
    I know ya'll are so excited to be reading my itinerary, but stay with me- because the next Friday, Pres flies back to SLC and the we head to St George to check out a Dinosaur Museum for the boys.  But that's just a small stop on our way to San Diego!!  WOOHOO!!
   The boys keep talking about Legoland.  I've heard many peoples opinions on how they loved it or hated it.  Seeing as I have no desire to ride the rides, and my boys LOVE Legos- I think it will be a big hit for our family.  Plus we got the 5 day pass for the price of one that includes the water park and aquarium, so we can come and go as we please and not feel like we have to stay all day.  We are so excited to get out and play and be near the Ocean again (first time for kids). 
  I would like to say that I will get a great tan, but we all know I freckle, burn, peal and remain pasty white- so sorry to disappoint.
  I'm super excited to finally get to see some long lost friends, I hope they are as excited to see us as we are them. :)
It's been like 7 years, pre kids and all.  This was them Dancing at my 24th birthday party....

  So yeah, I'm pretty stoked.
   And for those who care, the Badger that was in my garden yesterday has not returned and my cat survived.  For being such a fierce big hairy thing, he was kinda cute (only because I was looking at him from my second story window!!)      

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun!!! I wanna go on vacation!! (to San Diego) :)

    I hope I never see that badger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited to see you guys too! You will LOVE Legoland - that's cool that you got the five day pass so you don't have to rush it all in one day. Love that pic of us dancing - that was such a fun night. I especially liked that "Castles in the Sky" song (yes, I tend to remember totally random things like that.) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete