Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Toothless

The day has finally come, Joseph lost his first tooth.  I think he was getting a little antsy about the whole thing.  All of his friends were loosing theirs, but he still hadn't.  We can thank his nervous habit of biting his shirt for it.  I guess the little guy was gnawing on his shirt button and bit down wrong and snapped some roots.  Poor tooth didn't stand a chance with Mama's ninja fingers.  I had that tooth yanked out in less than 3 seconds.  He was super excited.  And would you look at the fro' on that kid?!  I think he is auditioning for the role of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  But for reals, its usually not that bad, let face it- if we aren't going anywhere that day, the kids hair (nor mine as well) gets brushed. 
 My friend Tricia made this cute tooth monster pillow.  The mouth is a pocket, and makes it convenient for the tooth fairy to do the necessary exchange.  :)
Joseph wrote a note (and drew a pic) for the tooth fairy, and as usual, I have not taken a photo and I write an empty promise to one day include the said picture.  One day you will log on to see all those empty promises made right, but until that day, you're gonna have to deal with it.
  So, the tooth fairy wrote him back, and it turns out ours is a dude.  He goes by the name of Al Dente :) and is looking forward to doing further business with us.  He is the Thomson's official tooth fairy.  I'm already looking forward to yanking another tooth out. MMmuuuaaahahhaaa....

1 comment: