Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To mu Poopies

So I once heard that the 7th year of marriage is the hardest, and that a lot of people have problems that year and often end in divorce. Now, I don't know how accurate that is, but I remember that there was a discussion at work and several people agreed. So here we are in our 7th year of marriage, and we are proving them wrong.
It seems in the last few months my feelings for my husband have grown to a whole new level. My affection (which never wavered) has doubled, almost creating a courtship like feeling again. I was subbing in the primary last Sunday and he came in to help me. When he entered the room, my heart skipped a beat and I could feel my face lighting up. Maybe it was the brown pants, but I sure love that man. I see him working so hard for us and our family, and is such an amazing father. Many a time he has come home from a very long and stressful day and has put off eating dinner so he can spend a few moments with our boys before they go to bed. He always offers me the last of the brownies because he knows I love them, even though the last piece is his. He says his happiness comes from seeing me happy.
I could not ask or hope for anyone else. He is the one person I can completely be my insane self with with out restraint or worry that he will think ill of me. When I first met a friend from Italy that knew Preston on his mission, she told me that she always thought that Preston was a great guy, but worried about his wife because he would be such a dull and boring husband. I guess that just shows that he was a dedicated missionary, because it couldn't be further from the truth. I cannot recall a day we have been together that he has not made me laugh, or at least a courtesy laugh. =0) So I guess what I am saying, is that I am still madly in love with him, and that he rocks my world.
We have an inside joke and the key word is Diarrhea. I couldn't get him to smile, so that is what I said, and this is what I got. Smirk or no smirk, it's a smile.

1 comment:

  1. aw...very sweet. nice that you are blogging now..I'm slightly obsessed :)

    ReplyDelete