Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My failure as a Mother with Irish heritage

Once a year we awoke to an exciting scene in the kitchen. It seems every year a Leprechaun would come and torment my Mother in the kitchen by jumping in the Milk, Pancake batter etc. and would leave footprints all over the place. It was always so exciting and I always kept my eyes open for the little green man.
So as time passes and it is my turn I too delight in a early morning fight with the little guys. I had every intention of getting up and setting the scene for my boys. Luck *haha* would have it that my body would give in to the cold it was fighting, Thurston still sick and JoJo coming in to my room with a bloody nose and is sick as well. I think the Leprechaun saw our sad state and fled.
I am thinking of making pancakes for dinner, (because we all know how awesome breakfast can be at dinner) and then maybe he may come to visit us. We'll see. As for other Irish tradition, I will be taking a warm drink before bed that has plenty of good stuff as well, ahh NyQuil. Here are a couple of photos from last years Leprechaun hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment