Monday, April 4, 2011

Ring around the Rosies, the cat claws will come...


So imagine you are lying asleep at night, and you awaken with the overwhelming urge to cough.  So you roll over and have a coughing fit, take a sip of water, check your cell to see what time it is.  You notice the glowing eyes of the cat in the rocking chair staring at you, (you are used to this), so you roll over and snuggle into your hubby.  Second later you hear a creek from the rocking chair and the next thing you know, your cat has jumped the 4+ feet and has landed on your head teeth barred and claws out.  Holy Crap is right.  I scream- naturally- waking Preston and scaring Jazz back into reality.  I turn on the lamp and he is staring at me from the ground and I assure him that I am me and not a monster.  He rolls on his back as a sign of 'oops- my bad'.  I turn out the lights and lay back down.  Jazz then jumps on my bed and purrs and snuggles into me. (he says he's sorry- I forgive him... but with slight hesitation that is.)
Another 10 or so minutes pass by and I am taken over with another coughing fit, but this time I sit up and before I can tell Jazz 'All is well'- he launches at me, sinking his teeth into my shoulder- claws deep into my chest and arm.  Now, I love animals- I don't believe in hurting them, but in this case, I found it completely justified that I picked that fuzzball up and threw him across the room. (Don't worry- his cat like reflexes helped him land safely).
  Preston graciously tossed him outside for the night while I cleaned my wounds.  Poor cat was spooked, and a part of me was honored in knowing he was trying to protect me- but I'm pretty sure that he will not be sleeping in my room while I have a cold!

So in other news, here are the kids playing ring around the rosies.  Aleah loved playing with the boys, and at one point she was saying "ashes" (or her version of it), but of course Mommy was too late to catch it on camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment