Tuesday, March 29, 2011

31 Flavas

So Yesterday was my birthday.  Hooray!  I'm older! :)  The festivities started the week prior when Preston and I took an evening out to eat at Tucano's and catch a movie.  My gifts (as usual) were received prior to my birthday.  One, I have already mentioned (Dance Central on the Kinect) which, by the way, I totally rock at now!  How many people can say that they achieved a 5 star rating on Rump Shaker??  OK, probably anyone who gives it a shot, but it's worth the bragging rights.  The other gift is 2 tickets to Les Miserables in SLC in May, which I am totally excited about.  I have seen it twice before, but will gladly see it 100x more.
   So yesterday I took the kids out to a nice lunch at Arby's (I know, so fancy!) and then to the
dollar store so they could pick out a present for me.  Thurston chose a baton, and JoJo chose a recorder.  Sadly, neither of these have survived past 3pm the next day, but it's the thought that counts- right?
I also splurged on a couple items myself (big spender) and one of the items included a silicon pastry brush.  Below is Aleah hoarding all 3 of these items.  I will say that she DID NOT LET GO of the pastry brush until this afternoon.  She still picks it up when she sees it though.  This included:
a nap
Dong Khanh Vietnamese diner
The Cheesecake Factory
BEDTIME
all around the house
all meals in between
and a second nap time. 
She's so funny!
 Here she is at breakfast this morning (with her pastry brush)
 So we had an extra crib mattress after we gave away the car beds.  I had this idea that I wasn't sure would work, but thought I would give it a try.  I have to say, I out did myself with how cute it turned out. I purchased a sturdy 2'X4' board from Home Depot, along with 4 metal leg attachment kits and 4 little legs.  I used some scrap fabric to make the pillows and put elastic on a larger scrap to make the cover stay.  I LOVE IT!!  The white pillow turned out my favorite.  This is Aleah's reading 'couch'.
 She LOVES it! (notice what is in her left hand....)
 snuggling on her couch (with pastry brush)
 This was taken after her nap.  She did let go of the brush during her nap, because now it is in her right hand.  HAHA!!!  Did I mention she cracks me up?
 So we have planned a family vacation that is not in SLC (shocker!) for once.  We are headed to San Diego this June and are SO excited.  With this, I realized that we will be on a public beach. Yikes.  Preston and I both love each other more than words can say, and accept each other no matter what condition we are in.  This being said, we both agree that we have put on a little extra padding in the last 9 years.  Stretch marks can't be helped- they are battle marks, but the flab must be eliminated.  My abs must be avenged! ;)
                                   So of course, my neighbor brings these by as a thank you for watching her kids.  They are so, so ,so amazingly delicious.  I told myself that I could have one, only after doing 100 jumping jacks.  Of course, the need for more came, so let's just say that I have done a lot of jumping jacks today. So for fun, you can now imagine a 31 year old housewife in spandex pants doing jumping jacks in the kitchen in front of a tub of goodies.  That's how I roll... and why my stomach does too.
   Here is a fun picture the night we got engaged.  How young and naive we were...

1 comment: