Friday, March 4, 2011

Grey is the new brown...



         So, is it Gray or Grey?  I can never remember, but the spell check says both are good. :) But anyway, I have completed the art/ guest room!  This was a fun one for me!  I used to be all about the taupe and brown, but it's the greys that catch my eyes and heart now.  The room is huge, but is shaped more gallery style, twice as long as it is wide  (at least).  So I got a bookcase from IKEA (woohoo!) to serve as a divider.  I LOVE how it turned out.

                                Here is the desk where I sometimes sew, or the computer desk for the kids.  It works great as a DVD player for the kids when they have sleep overs in there. :)  Hooray for paint and fabric to recover the chair and lamp shade!

                                                       
                     I LOVE these curtains.  Thanks Target! :)
                       Just so you know, I totally made this bed.  The platform is from our old click clack futon, the headboard is a regular board padded with some of the foam from the futon mattress and then covered with some pinstripe fabric.  The mattress?  Yeah, I crafted that as well.  This is a full size mattress, so what I did is I used our camping pads (we NEVER go camping) and foam from the futon for filler and then our old memory foam mattress pad.  The mattress pad cover is queen size, so it managed to fit the whole kit and caboodle in there.  Sounds weird, but seriously, it is soo comfortable with just the right amount of support.  It faces the front of the house, so the afternoon sun shines on it and makes for a perfect cat nap in the sun on a cold day. :)  Not that I do that....  The mirror was a steal for $10 at family dollar.
            Seriously, who doesn't love a good IKEA shelf?  They make the perfect room divider!
     The wall of frame.  (lame name, had to say it...)  What else to do with all those old frames?  They serve as inspiration of things that need to be filled.
    This is the boys' work station.  They love it, and they think its the coolest thing that they got their own work lamps.  I have no idea what is up with Thurston, but yes, his shirt is on backwards, and I love him. :)
                                  This is a picture of Aleah eating chalk
                                                              view from the other side...
                                                          My wall of things I put up
 If you knew me as Rubberlady back in the day, then you would remember these babies.  They served me well, but they were old, not in working condition and about 20 years past their prime.  I felt they deserved a place of honor.  I may not be able to fight like I used to, but I've decided that I'm not done either. ;)
 I found this little gem in a file with old pictures I was going through.  We had this done on our honeymoon when we were in Florence.  I always loved the shark...

1 comment:

  1. Holly, Did you know I sometimes read your blog? Surprise! :)I love this room! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete