Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little Bit 'O this, and a little bit 'O that

First, I would like to introduce these little guys below.  They are in part happy birthday to Wendy, and part congratulatory to Wendy and ChiMing....awwwe:



 I was going to make a tiered cake for them, but had a miserable failure, this was the result of trying to marbleize the cake, forgetting that one should NOT scrape the pan, because it will affect the non-stickiness of the baked cake.
 So when life gives you a pile of failed cake crumbs, make cake pops... they are quite delicious! :)
 Luckily, I remembered my mistake and was able to save the top tier, so here ya go.  I also tried to cut some corners and use the already colored and flavored marshmallows.  They kind of worked, but were a lot fluffier than normal marshmallow fondant.  They had a lot more volume, hence the fluffy hearts.
 Here is Aleah with TanTo, it was impossible to get a still picture of both of them
 TanTo is wearing the shirt I made for him... haha!
 Just so you know, Aleah is still adorable.
 Joseph wanted me to take a picture of him in his new flip flops
 ....because they have robot sharks on them!  (he's such a boy!)
 Aleah on St. Patricks Day

 She was not very happy that I was walking away from her.  She was laughing right before, I swear!

3 comments: