Friday, May 7, 2010

Wish I were Kickin' it like Old School

When I was 14, I started Karate and became addicted. I absolutely loved it and continued it until I left for College. I will be modest and say that I was actually really good at it and could kick some serious ace. I earned the nickname of 'Rubberlady' because of the way my limbs would move when I fought and how I could bounce back up when I got knocked down. Thus explaining my email address (which people often mistake it for something dirty, it's not!!) Good times. I would here and again get back into home training, but never really took off. I started teaching after I got married and then stopped when I got pregnant. My GI, my pads went into retirement and my muscles formed a nice cushion. That is, until this past week. I started a Kick boxing class and man, is it kicking my butt!! it is so fun and I am starting to feel something awaken in me. Could be my inner tiger, could be the arthritis, could be both. One thing I have learned though, is I am not 17 anymore!! I will say this though: I can still do a mean jump kick, and I managed to knock over one of the punching bags with one of my kicks. Granted, it was a smaller one that needed more water, but lets ignore that fact. Yeah baby! Rubberlady is making a comeback! Here is a picture of me prior to wrinkles and children. I was actually in good shape... and I had no stretch marks. ahhh... I wasn't 30. The second is me and my sister being idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment