Friday, May 28, 2010

Angelien

It's been a longtime coming (November to be exact)... several months, many times I scraped paint off and started over again... and now I can say that I think I am done. ;) I was going to write the back story here, but have decided against it because if it is not written correctly, it will sound really lame, and my brain is not opperating at normal capacity (nor my patience) and it means a lot to me, so I will just give a brief explanation of my painting and the girl in it, and keep this run-on sentence going, as long as I can. I had a dream one night that was just awesome and she is from that dream. It was kind of a Cinderella story. The first sketch is what I did when I first had the dream (she is Dutch), before the sick man came. I was originally going to paint her more like that, with her hat, common clothes... reflecting on what could be, but as I started the painting, I ended up with her later. She's all dolled up and is now reflecting what has been. The only thing I'm not in love with is her nose. But as Preston said, he likes her and no one has a perfect nose. It was fun trying a new type of painting like this, although it is not true classical style, her nose would be perfect if it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment