Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cakes

I made some cakes recenlty that I thought I would share. This is a cake for a little girl who turned 6. I have to say that this one was so easy to do and I think it turned out sooo cute! This next one is one Pres and I built together to celebrate the LOST season finale. If you know the show, you will understand it better. The well has Desmond trapped in it, there is the large foot statue made from rice crispies, the yellow gumdrops are the dharma village houses, the graham crackers are the temple and in the middle, is the cave/ tunnel with the golden light. Of course I couldn't leave out the smoke monster. This cake doubled for the Lost party, and our friend Jason's birthday cake. We did not have candles, so we lit smokey on fire. This turned out to be a bad idea because he was made of cotton swabs, and when you blow on them, it makes the fire stronger.... that and it stunk, but it was still pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. very impressive. is that top one fondant? i'm calling you next time I try it because mine did NOT look that good :)

    ReplyDelete