Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello 30's!

So the day came, and I turned 30. I think that I was surprized to wake up and not be a hagg. While I have noticed some greys sprouting and some wrinkles gathering, I think I have a few years left in me before I will start to really freak out. I think I am having a harder time accepting other people aging over mine. Like my niece being a senior next year, or my Mom turning a certain age I will not disclose here.. or my sister that is 10 years older than me turning a certain age I will not disclose here either! ;) I also am having a hard time grasping the concept that Young Women I taught who were my beehives and Mia Maids are now getting married, are married or/ and having babies!! So not cool. My birthday was nice. We were in Salt Lake and the night before we were celebrating my Bro in laws b-day and got caught up in a game of cards, so I ushered in my day by winning 2nd place in Texas Hold em. Yeah baby! We ALL slept in, Jojo got up before us (so prior to 10:30) ;) and he and Nana made Muffins and surprised me with Breakfast! It was so cute coming upstairs and hearing Joseph "whisper" " Nana! She's coming, I can hear her, can you hear her? We have to hid the muffins!" So cute! We hung around for a bit and then set out for home. We first stopped by the Campus and we took some shots of the stadium for Preston's Room. I've done some touch up work and I think they turned out sweet. Maybe I will post them later. We stopped in Burley, ID (yippee...) for dinner and settled for Perkins. Preston made the comment "I bet you didn't expect that on your 30th birthday, you would be eating at a Perkins off the freeway in Burley, ID with your Husband and 3 kids". True, True, I was picturing it a little different than that... more like a JB's or Village Inn.;) The trip home was really long because of all the stops, but it was nice. Now today is a recoup day, we are all in jammies and I have been updating things, hence the 3rd post today. Here are some shots of me as a wee little whipper snapper and as a almost 30 year old. Me as a baby chewing a pencil sitting on golden carpet next to a fabulous plaid couch. Here is me in one of my last hours of my twenties with Fai Ana and Danielle. I'm the super pale one.

1 comment: