Monday, March 8, 2010

If life were Peaches and Cream...

I was chatting with a friend the other day and we started talking about Barbies. She told me that she was as Toys R Us and that they were releasing a 25 yr anniversary Peaches and Cream Barbie!!!! For those of you who grew up in the eighties and were a little girl (or boy with a love of barbies) knows just how awesome this barbie was. She was, in my eyes, the ultimate Barbie to have in your collection. I sadly, never got her.
This is where being an adult can be fun. See, with having little boys Preston was able to live out his childhood dreams and purchase Transformers and even an original Voltron toy (which he always wanted). He may enjoy playing with them as much, if not more than the boys do. Now that I have a daughter, I too have an excuse to purchase such items. Never mind that she is only 4 weeks old, I will admit that I want the doll for myself. But look at her, she's fabulous!!
(This is the original 1985)
Happy 25th Anniversary Peaches... You will be mine someday.

1 comment:

  1. I totally had this barbie growing up!!!! I loved that dress more than any other dress in the world. So sad that my mother didnt save any of our old toys, or that I would have thought to keep such things myself!
    Maybe santa will bring her to you someday!
    You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete