Sunday, April 19, 2009

Swan Falls Dam

Last night Joseph spent the night at his friend Zach's house again. It was Stake Conference and we have to go at it with a 'tag team' effort and it was my turn this time. (There is NO way our kids can make it the 2 hours). When I got home, our friends invited us to go to Swan Falls Dam with them, and since they already had our child, we thought we would tag along. We had been there very briefly before and thought it was so gorgeous and today was no exception. The weather was perfect and it was nice to get out and picnic. I have no pictures because I forgot my camera. We got to walk around the dam, throw rocks and stick and watch Ducks take a ride on the stick dibre in the water. They have a nice place for picnicking and lounging. Swan Falls Dam is just 30 or so miles straight south of us. It is flat with some hills all around, Lava Rock here and there with the Owyhee mountains in the back, and then all of the sudden there is this huge canyon out of no where with the Snake River running through it. Joseph was in the car with the Lundquist's and I guess he had a hard time driving down the canyon road (scary for him). It was a nice day and we all got a little sun kissed and are ready for bed! I am tired so that is why this post is all over the place. Sorry 'bout that!
Here are a few photos I found of the place: Keep in mind this is a 20- 25 minute drive from our house!
These aren't my kids, but let us imagine mine there....
This is the Dam house. haha. I love the architecture. I believe it was constructed around 1901.
This is an overhead shot. I took it from my personal helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment