Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Sweater....shirt.

This is the one I was telling you about Amber..... My dear, sweet, amazing Husband has a favorite sweater. Once the weather turns chilly, he fall back to this thing. I hate it. I absolutely abhor it, and the season is upon us once again and it will be making its way to the top of the rotation. Oh help. His defense is that he loves it because it is super comfortable and functional and that hey, its a Ralph Lauren that I believe was purchased at a Nordstrom. Keep in mind that it was purchased closer to the Seinfeld era than modern times. I try to hide it deep into his closet, but he finds it. I've been tempted to throw it out, but being the loving wife I am, I know that would be mean. I just wanted to explore why it bothers me as much as it does. Lets begin: We will overlook the faded navy blue because that's what happens when you've had and worn something for 15+ years. My problem is that it seems to have an identity crisis. You start with a plain sweat shirt. check. K- now add a faux denim collar. check. now for fun, lets add buttons. check. whats that? Oh, you want to add a pouch in the front? GREAT idea!! But I REALLY think there should be a zipper, lets put one over the left breast, sweet, yes! NOW for the best part, lets add denim elbow patches for a sophisticated touch and VOILA! This is what you get: I love you Preston.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha.... i've been waiting to see this thing. awesome.

    ReplyDelete