Monday, November 15, 2010

New Livingroom

The time had come. I was tired of the yellow. Now that it is gone, I have to say I do not miss it at all. I liked the color in the direct sunlight when it was nice and warm, but at night it was a different story. The energy efficient bulbs turned my butter yellow walls into a florescent yellow nightmare and I found myself apologizing and defending myself when company was over during the evening. I'm a planner and had things down to the accessories and had been saving away for the day I could change things out, then one day Preston calls me and tells me he got an unexpected bonus = woohoo!! So for our anniversary weekend, we gutted the van leaving one seat for Aleah, dropped the boys off at the cousins and headed to IKEA. I'm not gonna lie to you, it was awesome. I absolutely LOVE how everything turned out! I feel that it represents me much better now. The dining table is a slight upgrade from the folding chairs, but only slightly. ;) Here's a shot of what it looked like before. You just have to look past the naked little boy covered in sharpie. The boys got in on the painting action Tada! This is the Dining area (duh) I love love love this table! It was only $299 at IKEA. Love that store. Not a good shot of the light, but I love this chandelier... super cheap at IKEA as well. That lamp was yet another great steel at IKEA, it beckoned me. Next to the table, this is my favorite. I got it at Kohls with my Kohls cash, so It was free... (besides the $4 in shipping) For some new art work, I gave the kids some canvases and let them have at it. JoJo's is the top, Thurston the middle and Aleahs is the bottom one. I think they turned out so cute and perfect for the space. This is the new painting I did, I love it too. So that's it, I'm happy. What happens now? Well, the post its that saved the places I wanted in the IKEA catalogue have been taken out to make room for the art/ guest room. It's all measured out and designed. Now I just need the $$ and it is so on!

1 comment: