Monday, February 15, 2010

She's HERE!!!

I'm a little behind here, but better late than never, right?
The night of the Super Bowl, I got to pick my Mom up from the Airport. With no signs of true labor, my Mom and I got to spend Monday shopping and went out to lunch. Tuesday morning came and still nothing! BUT that afternoon I went in for my last Dr apt and things were looking right on target, then I begged and the Dr stripped my membranes. I felt the cramping start as I drove home, and at around 5:30 when I got home, I started to keep record of all the contractions.
I suffered through LOST (as I didn't want to miss it...) but shortly afterward decided to get my butt to the hospital. It worked out perfect with my Mom there as the boys would be taken care of. We got there and they wanted to see in 30 min- to and hour if I would change they would admit me, and if not, they would send me home. Here is where my determination stuck, I was NOT about to be sent home! Preston and I took to taking laps around the maternity wing. As the contractions went harder, we walked harder. I laugh as I recall the last leg of the rounds when we were speed walking to our room, past another woman who kept stopping. It's amazing how much strength you can muster up when you are too stubborn to be sent home. Needless to say... it worked! I shortly thereafter got an epidural and we "slept" (ha!) until 7am when Margie came. She broke my water and within 10 minutes Aleah was here! ( it would have prob gone faster, but we were chatting and forgot to notice a contraction or 2...) ha!
So that's the story, just under 14 hours of labor, but this was my easiest. JoJo was 15, and by far the worst, and Thurston was was 12 hours and pretty easy going. And now I'm DONE!
So, the real reason we visit blogs: Pictures!!
Introducing: Aleah Julienne Thomson Born Feb 10, 2010 8lbs 8 oz 20.5 in long!1st time together as a family.I love Thurston's shoes on backwards!
Car ride home... could she be any cuter!?As Ally stated, she's throwing down some sweet Chuck Norris moves..Her cheeks are the best to kiss!
She is SUCH a good baby. The last few nights she has woken up at 1:39 and 5:30.. then 9:30!!! How awesome is that? I really hope she keeps that up.
There are more pictures here: www.dropshots.com/charleyface
I am sure there are many many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment