Monday, August 3, 2009

Driving Music

Driving to and From Salt Lake can get a little monotonous and boring, esp if you have to drive by yourself with 2 kids. With it being 10 hours round trip, you can tire of your music choices after awhile and we decided to start mixing it up a little. I put in one of my CD's, then Preston plays one of his. I already started to convert to his music years ago, and have found that I rarely get disappointed in his choice of tunes. They usually consist of bands that I had never heard of before and then they grow on me. I think my favorite has been Elliot Smith, but you have to be in a more somber mood to fully enjoy him. Next in line would be a band that I have enjoyed for the last 3 years and declare them the best driving music. They are called Pavement and were together back in the 90's and early 2000's. I particularly love the song "Cut Your Hair".
as enjoyed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMdkyeZOqE. They are not everyone's cup o' tea, but found their quirkiness to be enjoyable. Maybe someday I will not be so lazy and post pictures of the trips we just took. Till then...

1 comment: