Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is why we forget what it's like to be Pregnant

I was very excited to get pregnant, but I have to admit that pregnancy sucks. Especially this one. I always boasted that I never really was sick with my pregnancies before and was just a little tired. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut so I don't have to eat so many of my words. On top of the complete exhaustion, nausea I now have Hypoglycemia due to the pregnancy. I guess if you are going to be diagnosed with something, it should be the one that tells you you need to eat 6-8 meals a day, keep snacks and juice packs on hand all the time and to keep it light on the exercise. The only thing that poses a problem is when I feel like barfing when I see food. We've faced some difficult trials lately. I found a lump in my breast and caused a little worry. We have an awesome hospital here that has a very good breast care center. I was in and out with the ultrasound and consultation with the DR in an hour. Things are ok and they think it is just normal tissue reacting a little different to the prego hormones. Plus I have a protruding rib that makes it seem worse than it was. I got over that in time for all of us to get sick. At the height of all this, we found out that Preston's cousins baby was airlifted to Primary children's with SBS (shaken baby syndrome). Little Morgan fought for 4 days before passing. She was only 4 months old, and now her parents not only have to deal with the loss of their child, but the investigation with the babysitter. It has really affected us and Preston's family. It is amazing how it has brought us together. Here is her obituary: http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=103949805737&h=GYzWA&u=0hDp-&ref=nf It makes me slow down and hold my children closer. Life is precious and I am grateful for the gospel and the perspective it gives us.

1 comment:

  1. that is way sad about preston's cousin's baby. i can't imagine that heartache. i'm glad everything is okay with you--pregnancy can do crazy things to us. thanks for the treats last night!! and also thanks for inspiring me to weed my garden. i followed quinn over there the other day (who was following your cat...) and saw your weed-free garden. i didn't do my whole garden, but i did weed my poor little peas.

    ReplyDelete