Saturday, June 6, 2009

This is why we are told to keep a journal

So I was organizing my stuff the other day and came across a pile of journals. I received my first journal on the day I was baptised by my primary teacher. From that point until I met Preston I kept a pretty decent record of my day to day life. I slowly switched it from the mundane day to day stuff to my thoughts, feelings, growth and different experiences etc etc. I figured people would be more interested in my deep thoughts rather than what I wore that day. (described in detail my 7th- 8th grade years). I pulled out my first journal and thought I would share my very first entry. Spelling, grammar, punctuation have not been changed. There are as they are. These are for my posterity. March 29, 1988: " Today I got baptized and confermed I was so excited. But I knew I was a member of the Chirch of Jesus Christ when I got baptized and confermed. When I got confermed I got the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am so glad I am baptized and a member of the chirch." here's another fun one: March 31, 1988 "tonight me and Heather are haveing a slumber party. we are going to tell funny jokes and sean (scene) from a movie! and we will have fun tonight. good night." January 17, 1989 "To day I went to school and we had a sub. she was nice. tommorrow is my teachers birthday. good night." Ok, last one for now, this ones full of goodies: June 8th 1992 "It's been over a years since I've written in here, I used other things to whrite on though. well today we went to the library. Davin got his first library card. well i'm twelve now, Julies already married to Brad - Julie ann richardson (richardson was scratched out here) peterson. also Scott joined the army. i'm in Young Womens, and I can shave my legs. i'm going to the 7th grade, my second year in Jr high! YEA! 6th grade already passed! "WHew!" It went by soooo fast! too! another thing, I'm not going to be a 'featishior' ( I have no idea what I wrote here and these are the words I could pick out), i'm going to be an author! I've written 'a house full!' Wiskers' and writing "there's an alien in my back yard!" I learned to write in caligraphy (I attempted here to write in caligraphy). it's better with a caligraphy pen. i have a bunch of catching up to do - I hate Ricardo, now i 'love' someone else. mega cute. I think he likes me too. not. we had family home evening. it was fun" So what we have learned is that I was excited to be baptized and confermed, had a slumber party, was once excited about shaving my legs and that my family at least once had family home evening. For all who are interested, I still have the 'Wiskers" book I wrote and illustrated. My kids love it. And I am a dork.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you kept a journal for so many years.

    ReplyDelete