Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day began around 5am when Joseph had a bad dream and came in to snuggle us. Approx 15-20 mintes later, Thurston, having caughed all night, decided he needed to come in too. Our bed is only a Queen, so when you put us all together, Preston and I are hugging the edge of the bed. Add a cat at my feet and you get me curled up in a small ball almost hanging off the bed. Preston was gracious enough to go to the couch and snuggle in with all the freshly folded laundry. That was as bad as it got.
The boys went downstairs (with my cooercing) to spend time with Daddy. Preston let me sleep in and wanted to know what and when I would like breakfast. I awoke about an hour later to the sounds of the boys climbing the stairs. I heard Joseph " look Daddy, I am being really really carefull and walking slowly." I could picture him carrying up the food and it made me smile.Next thing I knew, Thurston was up on the bed and said,
"Mommy! Here are your rocks and Joseph has your lunch!" This is from them:

I love them. Thurston stayed home from church because he wasn't feeling well, and Preston stayed home with him. On our way out to the car to come home, Joseph asked if he could have the car keys to open the door, I let him. He proceeded to unlock, and open the door. "Mommy, get in the car". He handed me my keys and then he shut the door for me and then ran around and got in his door. How cute is that!??!

Preston spoiled me by BBQing and it was delicious as it always is. Here are some photos of our fun time. We ended the night watching National Lampoons European Vacation. I was used to the edited TV version, you know, the one with out all the boobies. my my. Still cracked me up though.

Check out Thurston's gettup! Green shark shirt, tight blue jammie bottoms, and red crocks. He dresses himself...Don't mind Preston's hat hair...
To tell me he loved me, Preston quoted Flight of the Concords "you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen eating a Kabob (kabab)"... I was touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment