Monday, July 9, 2012

BAM Competition

I am VERY excited to announce that in October I will have a piece for the Boise Art Museum.
It won't be a painting, this time I am putting on my designer pants- literally. 
In October, BAM (Boise Art Museum) is putting on a Recycled Fashion Show, and it just
so happens that my application got there in time and I will now be showcasing and competing with my entry.
It's simple:  Design and make an outfit using recycled materials and strut your4 stuff on the catwalk. 
People in attendance will vote on their favorite, and the winner wins $500! 
Win or loose, I am so very excited about this.  The day before I get to take my
stuff in for a photo shoot.
As of Yesterday, I am making great progress on my piece.  I will definitely need the full amount of time due to tedious work.  I am not revealing what it is exactly I am doing here, but I am loving how it is working out.
For a teaser, here are some shoes I picked up at a thrift store and am revamping for my outfit.  A lovely start if you ask me. 
Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment