Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Attempt at Water Skiing...

This past weekend we went up to Donnelly, ID and spent our time in a cabin amongst friends.  Being not pregnant this year, I attempted to water ski
....attempted.
The first take off, I underestimated the pull of the boat and did not have my skis on tight enough.  So for your imagination, picture the boat taking off, and me being yanked out of my skis.  It was fabulous.  The next attempt I secured those puppies as tight as they would go, and held on for dear life.
The next moment was more of a tragedy than triumph.  While I did hold on to the rope, and my feet were fit securely in the skis, my legs were not in the correct position.  My legs were no match to the force of the boat and water coming at me, forcing me to do the splits.  Thank heavens I've been doing Yoga, or it could have been worse.  Do you know where all that water goes?  I do....
 There were no pictures taken, so I thought I would draw up a little something to give you an idea of what it may have looked like.  Better luck next year, eh?

1 comment: