Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh yeah, it Christmas time...

In the 9 Christmases that Preston and I have been together, there have 2 with just our little family. The first one was when we first moved up here. Thurston was 4 months, Joseph was almost 2 and we knew no one. Needless to say it wasn't our best Christmas. This year, however, was completely different. Every year we load up and head to Salt Lake, but this year we decided to finally have our own Christmas at home. Don't get me wrong, we love and missed our families, but at the same time it was seriously so nice to do our own thing at our own pace for once. We declared it a pajama-fest on Thursday after I got home from kickboxing and stayed in them until...(ok, to be honest it is Monday afternoon and I am still in pj's, but I did change them from time to time...). Preston and I started our Lord of The Rings Marathon on Thursday (we do this every year because we are nerds) and Friday (Christmas Eve) we went to visit with his brother and family out in Middleton and then came home and ate dinner. The boys didn't want jammies, so we got them Transformer snuggies. Seriously, they are so retarded, but functional and funny. They were actually excited about them. Christmas Eve night was rough, teething Aleah and Joseph not falling asleep. They each had their own little tree on their dressers and Santa wanted to leave a danish and hot chocolate under them, but a certain little boy kept trying to "catch Santa" and wouldn't fall asleep! Pres had to set the alarm for 3am to finish up. In the end it all worked out and the kids had so much fun. I seriously love the age that they are at and we had such a fun Christmas. I hope all (who ever reads this thing) did too! Here are some pics of our adventures: Making cookies for Santa, seriously, when did they become the same size? We may have gotten into a flour fight.... Not sure why the lean, but its cute Joseph rearranged the nativity, he had Mary riding in on a camel and put baby Jesus with the angel because he wasn't born yet. ;) Baby girl's first Christmas!! Christmas Eve dinner. This was the best shot I got, the boys kept moving... Aleah's First Present... Haha, Snuggies :) I so love these monkeys! Love the choke hold Joseph has on Thurston. Opening Presents and enjoying the morning Joseph Enjoying the breakfast Santa brought him I need a cleaning Elf ahh, more Bionicles to vacuum up and try to keep Aleah away from... Nana Ronda gave her her bib :) Aleah and her inflatable duck bath. She loves this thing! Thurston and his sweet mix-master set. This bad boy had a turn table and all kinds of gadgets. He can record on his 'i-pod' and take it around with his own head phones. Seriously, this thing is awesome and I kept playing with it. Nana Ronda and Gpa Sonney gave the kiddos professional Chef shirts and hats with baking mix and a spoon. So cute! This is Chef Thurston, I dare you not to laugh at that. On Christmas Eve, I asked the boys what their faces would look like when they saw their presents. They then demonstrated and Joseph struck a pose and said that he would use his whole body and I quote "this is my Butt phrase that I will have" seriously, sooo funny! This was him demonstrating his 'butt phrase'. This is a spawn of Preston and I, so, yeah. Chef Joseph

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you guys had a fun christmas! it's so fun with kids- huh? they make it so magical again :)

    ReplyDelete