Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching up!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy for me, and I haven't had time to sit down and catch up. Ok, maybe I had time but I was just lazy!
Thurston turned 3 on the 31st of August and we had a couple of parties for him. Friday the usual crowd gathered for cake and dinner and Uncle Kimball was on his way home from Washington, so he was able to stop by for a bit! The next morning we had some of Thurston's buddies come over for a water party. He had a blast! He had a Wall-E theme this year and got a Wall-E cake and Eve pinata. I forgot to add a string to the pinata, so we just put it on the floor and let the kids have at it!
The next crazy event was Enrichment, which we did a world culture theme. We ended up having a very good response from people bringing items and food from around the world. It was Robyn and my first time doing enrichment, and we had so much fun! We had a good turn out and had sooo much food there it was ridiculous! Preston was awesome and made his famous pasta for everyone. That's how we do Enrichment, lots of food and a fun game! Now to do Super Friday! The next adventure happened 2 days later as we went back down to Salt Lake for Preston's Nana's 95th birthday. I volunteered to do the cake and was so nervous about it! I was able to stay with my sister Julie who has done cakes, so thankfully I got it done with her help and advice and adorable fondant flowers. I was super happy how it turned out and it was very very tasty! I made the fondant myself with Marshmallow fondant. The black is chocolate flavored, and I added almond flavor to the white. ( My father in law thought it was marzipan!) Here is a link to the recipe, it is super easy and tasty, just a little messy.;) http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-marshmallow-fondant We had a fun evening with Nana and I think she really appreciated everything. There are more photos on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36252&id=1360418656&ref=nf
Our next adventure: I go in tomorrow for the ultra sound!!!!!! Here's to the baby cooperating!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the fun party and the fun enrichment! you really are a party queen. i can't wait to find out what you are having!! my sewing machine is calling your name :)

    ReplyDelete